[CT Birds] There's always a bigger bird! Red-tail eats a Sharpie

Alexander Brash abrash at ctaudubon.org
Wed Feb 18 09:51:39 EST 2015

As if the winter and cold haven't made it tough enough around the bird feeder.   Yesterday afternoon as a Sharp-shinned Hawk came winging into our feeder area chasing a flock of juncos and white-throated sparrows, an immature Red-tailed Hawk pounced, and ate him/her.   My son happened to capture the latter part on tape.  See it at:    http://www.ctaudubon.org/blog-ct-audubon/#sthash.4kisICMj.dpbs      Against the odds all the squirrels, sparrows and others escaped unharmed!

Alex

Alexander R. Brash, President
Connecticut Audubon Society
314 Unquowa Road
Fairfield, Ct. 06824
Of:  (203) 307-2285<tel:%28203%29%20307-2285>

"Through the charismatic nature of birds we seek to inspire the next generation of conservationists."
Join CAS. Be a Member. Visit ctaudubon.org