[CT Birds] (no subject)

Jerilyn Duefrene kaymad143 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 16:17:53 EST 2015

Hi there,

I went to Old Saybrook earlier today and found the following out on the CT
River by Dock n Dine:

Red Breasted Mergansers - about 6 of them
Horned Grebe - saw 1 maybe a 2nd one out farther in the river too

Down the road by the golf course I got to see my very first Rough-Legged
Hawk! Very exciting for me!
Also in that area there were a few Hooded Mergansers too. I saw a whole
bunch of Hooded Mergansers in Old Lyme yesterday.

The feeders are crazy as usual during these stormy weekends (they are all
on the feeders on my deck):
6 Cardinals
7 Goldfinches
4 Tufted Titmice
3 Black Capped Chicadees
2 Carolina Wrens
1 Junco (probably more of them on the ground under the feeders)
2 Downy Woodpeckers - boy and a girl
1 Red Bellied Woodpecker - male

Jeri Duefrene
Niantic