[CT Birds] Carolina Wrens

Dee Fernandez deefernandez at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 16 10:17:07 EST 2015

Given recent conversation about the wrens, just wanted to post that the pair that frequent one of my feeder stations appear to be hanging in well despite an -14 air temp thermometer reading this morning.  They were busily packing in the suet/peanut butter mix I put out. They do seem to stay on the south side of the house where the sun warms things up as best it can in this weather. I am guessing they spend the night under the foundation plantings on that side of the house too - the shrubs have a heavy coating of snow and maybe offer a little more protection from the wind. I'm hopeful they can survive this cold stretch.