[CT Birds] Robins

Kevin Doyle kevindoyle01 at charter.net
Tue Feb 17 17:30:31 EST 2015

Hello birders. I ran into a friend at Stop n Shop where she resides in Watertown, CT.I questioned her about the snow, the more better was her reply. I can deal with it the snow & cold if the birds can then I can't complain.

She mentioned she saw a robin the other day then today one of her trees was nearly covered with robins. She asked me if this was normal. Not being an expert I told her,who I need to ask.

I would think this would be odd for so many. Maybe one but not a flock.

Just to chime in on the Carolina Wren's, I have what I believe to be 2. They look very healthy and are eating under the overhang in the downstairs family room out of the snow and wind. Then hanging out in the holly bushes. They do seem to fluff up though.

To follow up on the Hudson eagles last Tuesday 9 perched in one tree and a 5 minute blast of activity after a tanker passed stirring up the fish. 10 eagles battling over one fish. Yesterday brutal cold no wind though but well over 30 viewed.

Everyone is questioning  the ice or lack of it. With all the cold we thought the river regardless of tides would be chocked with flows guite the contrary. Very odd possibly to cold ... it's anyone's quess.

Kevin from New Milford
Kevindoyle01 at charter.net

Sent from Blue Mail