[CT Birds] Snail Kite info wanted

Lynn James marshhawk at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 18 21:03:31 EST 2015

Date: 2/18/2015
From: Lynn James
Subject: Snail Kite info wanted
Passing this request on.
Hi all,
I am on the lookout for a Snail Kite and Apple Snail expert
if anyone has a contact. When I funded the first Snail Kite
survey at Lake Yojoa a couple of years ago we counted just
over 600 birds. The next count one year later produced around
250. A count done last weekend got just under 50 birds. We
would really like to get in contact with someone who could
give us some plausible theories or explanations that are likely
tied in to the apple snail population, the kite's main diet.

Robert Gallardo
author-Guide to the Birds of Honduras