[CT Birds] Tufted Duck NO

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 27 08:38:39 EST 2015

I arrived at Captain's Cove to check for the Tufted Duck because it was high tide at 6:11am. There were hundreds of Scaup when I first arrived and I saw all species of ducks that have been previously reported. Most of the scaup were to the far right and closer to the mouth of the harbor. Before I could scan through the majority of the ducks,they suddenly took off and headed out to Long Island Sound.
If you want to try for the Tufted Duck today,I suggest coming later this afternoon when the ducks may return.
Or show up at 6:30am tomorrow to scan through the flock that will probably be in the harbor due to high tide being 7:12am. There were 13 duck species upon arriving including 8 Redheads and the Eurasian Wigeon.

Tina Green
Westport
Sent from my iPhone