[CT Birds] Whooping Cranes & Sandhill Cranes

Lynnette LSC1465 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 23 19:27:21 EST 2015

When I was in the Kearney, NE last year for the Sandhill Crane migration....  the local crane groups would not reveal when they sited a whooping crane mixed in with the SHCs so as to reduce human intrusion on their activities, similar to the way we New Englanders have tried to protect the Snowy Owls when they visit our region.  Also, when the SHCs migrate north to Canada, Nebraska is the only state along their migration route that does not permit the hunting of SHCs.

Lynnette Clemens, Old Greenwich, CT