[CT Birds] COA Annual Meeting & T-shirt Reminder

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Wed Mar 4 11:24:23 EST 2015

Maybe this version will be readable!   8-)

Don't miss the COA Annual Meeting
Saturday March 21st.
Middlesex Community College, Middletown CT

The COA Annual Meeting is less than three weeks away.  Reduced pricing for admission ends on March 7th; lunch reservations end on March 13th.  Middlesex has a new expanded cafeteria to accommodate everyone for lunch.  We will again be serving bird friendly coffee donated by Birds & Beans.

Today is the last day to order t-shirts - See details below!

The annual meeting is a great opportunity to visit with fellow birders, hear informative and inspirational speakers, shop from vendors, and participate in the COA raffle.  Some of this year's exciting raffle highlights include Puffin tour tickets to Eastern Egg Rock in Maine from Hardy Boat Cruises, original artwork by Sean Murtha and Mark Szantyr, a turned wood owl by AJ Hand as well as a photography workshop, and a day trip to Mount Auburn Cemetery with Sunrise Birding.

Our speakers and their topics include:

Norman Smith - Snowy Owls to Saw-whet Owls,

Tom Stephenson and Scott Whittle - The Overlooked ID Points that Make Identifying  Warblers Easy,

David Sibley - The Psychology of Bird Identification

Today is the last day to order t-shirts!  At this time we are only offering the shirts to those attending the COA Annual Meeting, for pickup at the meeting.

Here are the links:
General info: http://ctbirding.org/news.htm.  Order form: http://www.ctbirding.org/2015docs/RegForm2015.pdf
Sizing: see below

COA is excited to be selling a T-shirt with our CT Warbler logo for the first time.  The design is printed on a high quality pre-shrunk cotton shirt in a "birding friendly" ash-heather-gray color.  You can see an image of the T-shirt in our request form at http://goo.gl/daTQVG which must be used to reserve your T-shirts.  T-shirts must be picked up at the annual meeting.  Requests must be submitted no later than March 4th.  Questions can be emailed to ctbirding at gmail.com.  Every t-shirt will also include a free embroidered COA patch.  T-shirt sizing specifications are available at www.4logowearables.com by entering "5250T" in the "Quick Search Box" and then click "Specifications".  A link to the T-shirt request form is also available to meeting attendees on the COA website in the annual meeting announcement mentioned above.  We hope you'll be as excited about our new t-shirts as we are!

See you there!

Tina Green
COA President
Annual Meeting Co-chair