[CT Birds] Peregrine Falcons continue in New Britain

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Thu Mar 5 18:02:56 EST 2015

Passing this along.

 From SH Johnston:
03/05/2015 -- New Britain - PEREGRINE FALCON pair continues in downtown New Britain. In the past week I have seen the male (smaller and lighter grey) and female (larger and darker grey) in various spots in and around downtown. This afternoon (3/5) I saw the male on top of a utility pole **in the parking lot** at Stop and Shop on Corbin Avenue. Last Sunday I saw the male atop antennae, etc., at the Stanley works plant behind Stop and Shop. A few days earlier, I saw the female atop the old police station. Male prefers the satellite dish atop the new police station. Other spots to look: top of spire of South Church (male), top of Trinity-on-Main (either). There seem to be far fewer pigeons and starlings downtown than there were several weeks ago. :-)

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT