[CT Birds] Ducks please

kmueller at ntplx.net kmueller at ntplx.net
Thu Mar 5 22:02:28 EST 2015

Kevin, with the severe winter this February, accessing good waterfowl
concentration areas may be tough. I would always suggest a few spots
in Rhode Island such as Beavertail SP in Jamestown, Sachuest NWR in
Middletown, Point Judith, Galilee Harbor in Narragansett, Newton Ave
along the Narragansett shoreline, Narragansett Town Pier, Cliff Walk
in Newport, Brenton Point in Newport, Fort Adams in Newport, Fort
Getty in Jamestown, Fort Wetherill in Jamestown, Quonnie Breachway in
Charlestown, and when not frozen try Trustom Pond, Ninigret Pond, in
the Harbor areas of the Providence area and Wickford area. You should
find just about any species you would want in these areas. Beavertail
is my absolute favorite...especially if you want good close-up shots
of Eiders, Harlequins and other Sea Ducks and Sea Birds.

Good Luck,

Keith Mueller
Killingworth