[CT Birds] Question about dead geese

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 7 10:07:51 EST 2015

Paul,
What location were you at yesterday?
At Birdseye in Stratford, I have been seeing lots of dead Canada Geese, Gadwall, and one male Mallard with a band (that the apparent owner of Harborside Bait & Tackle retrieved with his fishing rod. Don't know what he was going to do with it.)
I assume they have been starving, or have been killed by various predators (birds of prey, etc.)
Hopefully this harsh winter is on its way out.

Frank Mantlik
Stratford