[CT Birds] dead waterfowl

Glenn Williams gswilliams9 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 7 19:36:12 EST 2015

There have been a number of dead waterfowl on the Mystic River over the latter half of this winter, mostly Canada Geese.  None seem to last more than a day, presumably scavenged by birds of prey or coyotes.  My family and I watched a Bald Eagle take a Canada Goose from one of the few small and crowded open water spots north of Route 1 about two weeks ago.  The next day there was nothing but blood and feathers remaining.  The ones apparently succumbing to the conditions disappear without a trace.
Glenn WilliamsMystic