[CT Birds] Pine Creek Redpoll

Alex Burdo aburdo10 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 18:26:58 EST 2015

Hi All,

In the days following the finding of the supposed "Hoary Redpoll" at Pine
Creek, I began to have second thoughts about the bird's identity. Others
too, had their doubts, and a few days of discussion and thorough review of
photos have revealed that this was in fact a case of mistaken identity.
Unfortunately, although apparently on the paler side for Common Redpoll,
this bird is just that, and not a Hoary as it was originally identified.

I hate to have to send this email, and am very sorry to all of those that
ticked this bird for their year, state, and/or life lists. If you have any
questions about the process that took place to sort out this bird's
identity, feel free to email me.

Alex Burdo