[CT Birds] COA Annual Meeting... all bird enthusiasts welcome!

lcwahle at aol.com lcwahle at aol.com
Fri Mar 6 09:11:24 EST 2015

Don't miss the Annual Meeting of the CT Ornithological Association (COA)
Saturday March 21st.
Middlesex Community College, Middletown CT
All birders and bird enthusiasts are welcome!  You need not be a COA member.
See details at http://www.ctbirding.org/news.htm.
The COA meeting is a great opportunity to visit with fellow birders, hear informative and inspirational speakers, shop from vendors, and participate in the COA raffle. This year's exciting raffle highlights include Puffin tour tickets to Eastern Egg Rock in Maine from Hardy Boat Cruises, original artwork by Sean Murtha and Mark Szantyr, a turned wood owl by AJ Hand as well as a photography workshop, and a day trip to Mount Auburn Cemetery with Sunrise Birding.

Our speakers and their topics this year are:
Norman Smith - Snowy Owls to Saw-whet Owls,

Tom Stephenson and Scott Whittle - The Overlooked ID Points that Make Identifying Warblers Easy, and

David Sibley - The Psychology of Bird Identification.

Reduced pricing for admission ends March 7th  (but you can still register after that or at the door).  Lunch reservations end on March 13th.  The new cafeteria at the College will accommodate everyone for lunch.  We will again be serving bird friendly coffee donated by Birds & Beans.

For meeting details and registration form, go to http://www.ctbirding.org/news.htm.
Hope to see you there!

Lisa Wahle
COA Annual Meeting Committee