[CT Birds] blue Jay

Beverly Propen bpropen at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 16:30:25 EDT 2015

​3/8  orange backyard
As I watched my feeders, a Blue jay (literally) fell out of the tree onto
the ground, fluttering frantically, almost upside down, and in circles.
After a moment, it seemed to quiet down, and began eating but
stumbling, but definitely did not look well.  I was going to catch it and
bring to Ansonia Nature center, where they do care for injured and sick
birds, but as soon as I got the net and container, it managed to fly midway
up the tree.  It has been sitting up there, eyes closed, puffed up, with
his "family" sitting above him, appearing to keep watch.
If it comes down again, I will attempt to capture it again.
Bev Propen, Orange