[CT Birds] HAS Wildlife Series March 17 - Migration of Steppe Eagles in Nepal

Sara Zagorski penguinsz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 11 08:43:30 EDT 2015

TUESDAY, MARCH 17, 2015  AT 7:30 PM

SPEAKER: ROBERT DECANDIDO

THE EAST TO WEST MIGRATION OF STEPPE EAGLES AND OTHER RAPTORS IN NEPAL

Somewhere between 10,000 and 40,000 Steppe Eagles migrate each
              autumn along the foothills of the Himalayan Mountains. These
              eagles breed in China and Mongolia, and instead of heading north
              to south, they migrate west towards Nepal, India, Pakistan and
              Saudi Arabia - some possibly as far as Africa. Along with these
              eagles are 30 other raptor species including 10 total eagle
              species taking the same route. Bob will explain why the raptors we
              see migrate east to west - and why some of the same species we see
              in North America, such as Golden Eagles, Ospreys and Peregrines,
              are also migrants in Nepal.

McAuley Residence Auditorium, 275 Steele Rd, West Hartford

$4.00 Admission, $2.00 Student

Sara Zagorski
Wethersfield