[CT Birds] Stamford Bunting Report 3/12

David Winston dgardenman at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 12 20:29:42 EDT 2015

Hello All:

Another splendid day with our multi-colored friend.
Today 27 people signed our guest list.
Good to see you all and glad that some who have made many trips in the past were finally able to get this bird.
We first saw the bird at 7:15, then 8:50, 11:25-11:40, 1:00, 1:15, 4:30, 5:30, 5:40, 5:50, and finally at 6:30 when it flew out.
You might notice a few large gaps in there today. I think the presence of the larger Grackles and Monk Parakeets put our guy a bit off his game.
So he did test a few birders patience. Nonetheless I think everyone would agree it was worth the wait.
I’ll be out bright and early to top off the feeders and report as soon as he shows up.
Looks like he’s liking the place.

Dave & Ginger Winston

1128 Cove Road, Stamford
Park across the Street
Just stay behind the picnic table to give him his space

Thanks