[CT Birds] Pine Creek Woodcocks

Alex Burdo aburdo10 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 20:53:55 EDT 2015

Our March Connecticut Young Birders Club Trip hit Pine Creek, where we were
able to notch a quick in-flight look at our quarry. Despite the wind and
high degree of snow still on the ground, 2 AMERICAN WOODCOCK flew by our
position (just as we about to throw in the towel), with their distinctive
silhouettes and wing whistles clinching the ID. Only one "peent" was heard,
but we'll take it!

Our next trip is scheduled for Saturday, April 19th. We're planning on
hitting the Northwest Corner of the state including White Memorial. If
you're a young birder, please consider joining us!

Alex Burdo
Fairfield