[CT Birds] blue jays

Beverly Propen bpropen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 10:05:14 EDT 2015

​Hi Lisa,
I read your post regarding the blue jays.  I have had a group of 6 blue
jays throughout the winter.
Yesterday is when I saw one fall out of the tree, fluttering in circles and
upside down, until it righted itself and then ate some seed.  But it was
definitely not well.  However I couldn't catch it to bring to a rehabber.
I am wondering if there is some virus particular to the Blue Jays  that is
occurring because of this brutal winter.
Perhaps some of the more experienced birds or wildlife rescue organizations
would know.
Bev Propen, Orange