[CT Birds] Season's Changing

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Tue Mar 10 10:40:28 EDT 2015

Just now, approximately 10 Red-winged Blackbirds in my yard; at  least 2
males, which appeared immature.
Earlier, 4 Pine Siskins, after not having seen any for a week  or so.
Flock of A. Goldfinches way down the last few days, Juncos  suddenly scarce
except for brief periods. Still 2 to 4 feet of snow on the  ground, so I
don't know what else they can be feeding on. Perhaps they don't  need as much
fuel with the warmer temps. Haven't seen the raptors as frequently,  but
perhaps that's because less feeder birds are around. Or vice  versa.
Don Morgan, Coventry,  Ct
mntncougar at aol.com