[CT Birds] Painted Bunting

Hugh Sutherland enjaume at optonline.net
Fri Mar 20 07:56:06 EDT 2015

Thanks for your e-mail. I would gladly make an annual donation but I see one problem. I live in Westchester and visit Cove Island Sanctuary at least once a week during Winter months but visitors who do not live in Stamford and do not have a (beach) permit for Cove Island run the risk of a parking violation fine ($60 ?) during those months when the beach is being used by residents. Years ago I used to work in Stamford and was able to obtain a parking permit. I have been told that non-residents can obtain a permit but at a cost of over $200.
Hugh J (“Jim”) Sutherland