[CT Birds] Orange backyard

Beverly Propen bpropen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 15:52:49 EDT 2015

​3/20
Orange backyard
3 Fox sparrows under feeders in the snow. (Most number of Fox sparrows I
have had at the feeders).  The 2 regular Fox sparrows added a friend.
And Just when I thought that many of my Dark eyed juncos had headed south,
their numbers went back up to 27 .  Pine Siskins and Goldfinches share the
thistle feeder and Sunflower chips feeder as well as feeding on the
ground.  Red winged blackbirds and Common Grackles
arrived 2 weeks ago and haven't left.  Plus our regular crowd of
White throated sparrows, White breasted nuthatches, 2 Song sparrows, Hairy,
Downy, Red bellied woodpeckers and Flicker, 2 Cardinals.  Blue jay numbers
went down from 6 to 2.
But this snow seems to have brought out the birds again.
Bev Propen, Orange