[CT Birds] Roland Clement

Stephen Broker ls.broker at cox.net
Sun Mar 22 18:20:45 EDT 2015

Roland Clement, then of Norwalk, Connecticut, was the first president of the Connecticut Ornithological Association, from 1984 to 1986.  In recent years, Roland has lived in New Haven and in Hamden.  With his passing yesterday evening, we have lost one of the central figures in American ornithology of the twentieth century.  Roland was a friend and an inspiration to many of us.  The note from Roland’s daughter, Connie, posted on ctbirds by Roland’s close friends Carol and Gary Lemmon, provides information on a celebration of Roland’s remarkable life at the Quinnipiac Room, Larson Place, 1450 Whitney Avenue, Hamden, this Tuesday, March 24, at 4 P.M..  Please consider sharing in this gathering.

The Connecticut Ornithological Association will join in the celebration of Roland’s life in upcoming issues of The Connecticut Warbler and the COA Bulletin.  We are saddened by his loss, but we are so grateful for the richness of his life.

Steve Broker
(Cheshire)