[CT Birds] Stamford Bunting Final Report:

David Winston dgardenman at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 24 15:22:12 EDT 2015

Well fellow birders I suppose I had to write this one sooner or later.

We have enjoyed a good run with the Painted Bunting.

Over a period of 13 days, more than 300 people from 98 cities and towns from 7 states came to visit our feeders - not only to see this bird but at last tally 40 different species either in the yard or flying over.

We have had no sightings of the Bunting the last two days.

One can only wonder where the little guy is off to. I sure hope somewhere very nice. Who knows, maybe he will return!

I would like to thank all of you for your wonderful company, conversation and sincere interest in the environment and how this Painted Bunting fits in it. Ginger and I very much appreciate your courteous behavior and respectful approach to our small property. We will continue as always to watch our feeders and post anything interesting.

On a final note, some interest in supporting the work of the Cove Island Wildlife Sanctuary has been discussed on this list serve.

I would encourage everyone to support “Your Patch” in any way you can.

If that happens to be The Cove Island Wildlife Sanctuary just send me your e-mail address offline and I can forward you the necessary information.

Anyone interested in a picture of the Painted Bunting will get one in their next monthly pix from the sanctuary which I hope to get out soon.

We’re looking forward to meeting you all again.

Dave & Ginger Winston

1128 Cove Road

Stamford, Ct. 06902

(dgardenman at sbcglobal.net)