[CT Birds] siskins continue in Hamden

Florence McBride fmcb_warbler at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 24 22:40:32 EDT 2015

Hamden, Spring Glen, March 24 and earlier in the month - We've had Pine Siskins at our sunflower and thistle feeders throughout the month when we were home.  We were in CA for a family event 3/10-16, and since our return the daily numbers of siskins have ranged from 3 to 10 or 12 -- and that's with only spotty observation some of the time.  There may in fact have been more than 10 or 12 on the day that I recorded those (3/20); the fluttering back and forth and around the immediate area of the feeders and beyond was so intense, with so much  changing of places, that getting a really accurate count was impossible.  Today's count was at least 8; I think at least one more.

Florence McBride