[CT Birds] CACC

Beverly Propen bpropen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 14:05:22 EDT 2015

​3/25  Milford, Connecticut Audubon Coastal center,  10am-1PM, 38F-50F,
dead low tide, sunny.
Our female osprey returned on March 22, but there is no sign of the male
yet.  In past years, both have arrived within a day or so of each other.
We are still hopeful. Female osprey was tending the nest, then flew off for
the remainder of the morning.
Viewed from windows facing marsh, and other building windows....
3 Common Goldeneyes, far out .  The male Common Goldeneye was displaying to
the females by throwing his head back and almost tumbling over backwards.
A killdeer flyover, 4 American black ducks, Mallards, Canada Geese, 31
Buffleheads, Red breasted Mergansers, Ring billed & Herring gulls, 1 Great
black backed gull,
Mourning doves, Common Grackles, Crows, Blue jays, Cardinals, American tree
sparrows, Song sparrows, a pair of House finches.
Bev Propen, Orange