[CT Birds] Norwalk Islands Nesting Bald Eagle

Ian Devlin captain_ian at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 26 16:11:18 EDT 2015

Just went to Chimon Island after a report in The Hour (Norwalk newspaper) of a nesting Bald Eagle. In my 30 years boating and 20+ years as a professional fishing guide, I can't recall this happening....until now. Very exciting news! I watched her on the nest today 3:00pm-4:00pm. The nest is viewed best on the north side of Chimon Island, just east of the main beach folks beach their boats in summer. The nest is on top of a dead tree about 60 yards from the shoreline.

-Capt. Ian Devlin
Norwalk, CT

Sent from my iPhone