[CT Birds] Oystercatcher sightings needed

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Tue Mar 24 07:46:28 EDT 2015

?If you happen to come across American Oystercatchers this spring, please share your ebird reports with ctwaterbirds at gmail.com .  Any additional information you can provide as to behavior in the notes would also be appreciated.   Be sure to log the amount of time you spent birding to get the observations, as that can help with match requirements that allow our shorebird conservation work to continue.   The primary purpose is not to tally this match, but rather to help us be more efficient in tracking oystercatcher populations in Connecticut so we can know where to best direct conservation efforts with our limited resources this season.   If you do not eBird, an email to the above address with location, date, time and time spent searching/birding would also be helpful.   The Audubon Alliance for Coastal Waterbirds is a partnership between Audubon Connecticut and the Roger Tory Peterson Institute (RTPI) and t is made possible by a grant from the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation and the help and support of birders like you!

We are also interested sightings of any shorebirds, terns or waders for this project.

Thank you!

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation

Audubon Connecticut