[CT Birds] A New England event of interest

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Tue Mar 24 08:56:41 EDT 2015

I just learned about a birding festival in Maine, as far as I  know the
only one in New England.  I've already registered for it, but I  thought some
of you might be interested as well.
Don Morgan, Coventry,  Ct
mntncougar at aol.com

Greetings All  Birders,
Registration for the  Acadia Birding Festival in Maine is OPEN and many
events are  filling fast!  ABF is designed to  bring birders together for fun,
education, and camaraderie!  It is a  four day festival (May 28 - 30) but
you can attend as little or as much  as you wish.  It is a pay-per-event and
does require  pre-registration.
Our field trips range  from local outings on Mount Desert Island to
boreal/Downeast Maine to Saddleback  Mt and Bicknell's Thrush. We also venture out
into the ocean on the Friendship V  whale watch boat out of Bar Harbor in
search of pelagic species such as  Atlantic Puffins, Shearwaters, Razorbills,
Terns, and much more on  Saturday, May 30, and take a ferry to both
Frenchboro (Long Island) and Little  Cranberry Island for island field trips.  This
year, over 35 birding guides  will be leading these various trips.
Our keynote speakers  are Kenn Kaufman (of the Kaufman field guides) and
David La Puma  (the new director of Cape May Bird Observatory).  Join these
two experts on  field trips or at their evening presentations.
In addition, Eagle  Optics, Leica, and Wildside Nature Tours will have
booths at  the festival.  It's a great way to get good deals on optics and
birding  trips around the world!To learn more, and  register, visit
_www.acadiabirdingfestival.com_ (http://www.acadiabirdingfestival.com)   and jump
directly to our schdule to see the events we  offer.
If you have any  questions, please don't hesitate to contact me at
_beckym at acadiabirdingfestival.com_ (mailto:beckym at acadiabirdingfestival.com) .
Hope to see you on  MDI in late May!
Happy Spring  birding,
Becky  Marvil,  Executive DirectorAcadia  Birding Festival (May 28 - 31,
Mount  Desert Island, Bar Harbor, ME
207-233-3694  (festival), 207-650-7332  (cell)
_beckym at acadiabirdingfestival.com_
(mailto:beckym at acadiabirdingfestival.com)
_www.acadiabirdingfestival.com_ (wlmailhtml:www.acadiabirdingfestival.com)
Acadia Birding  Festival is a non-profit organization with all proceeds
going to  conservation.
Don Morgan, Coventry,  Ct
mntncougar at aol.com