[CT Birds] Gulls/plankton feeding (lack of)

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 24 12:43:52 EDT 2015

The plankton (barnacle larvae) blooms seem to definitely be dependent on water temperature ( my experience). So with the icy cold winter, the sea water surface temperature is no doubt lagging lower than normal.
But where are all the Bonaparte's (and Ring-billed)
Gulls now?  An eBird search might provide some clues. Likewise for Northern Gannets.

Frank Mantlik

Sent from my iPhone