[CT Birds] Niantic birds

Emmayct at cs.com Emmayct at cs.com
Thu Mar 26 20:05:15 EDT 2015

Tues. 3/24

While driving do some research at the library I crossed the Society Road
bridge in Niantic. Noticing all kinds of great ducks the research was put on

Wood duck pair, can't tell you how long I have looked for them in Niantic
50+ Ring Necked Ducks
And one Scaup
4 Hooded Mergansers
and one large-ish beautiful duck that I could not seem to place.

Turned out to be a Common Merganser, which I have never seen that up close,
we get many more of the other two mergs here on the shore.

What a beauty...

Later, up the road, an Osprey sailing along rte 161.

Maryann in Niantic

PS. Got the research done the next day.