[CT Birds] EastLyme/Niantic Tree Swallows

Emmayct at cs.com Emmayct at cs.com
Mon Mar 30 21:09:07 EDT 2015

Dropped Mom off at Stop and Shop in East Lyme for her weekly shopping
foray. Then I swung down to Society Road where it crosses Gorton Pond hoping to
relocate last week's Wood Ducks.

Well, no Wood Ducks but there were at least 100 Tree Swallows vigorously
feeding, dipping at the water's surface. The cool thing was that you could
almost reach out and touch them. They would fly across the road which crosses
the pond there, at eye level, and despite the cold wind, I was mesmerized.

Also 1 Great Blue Heron
10 Ring Necked Ducks
1 Bufflehead

Maryann in Niantic</HTML>