[CT Birds] raccoon thieves

craig minor minor.craig at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 31 20:06:12 EDT 2015

 well the battle is on again with the raccoons ripping the feeders down ,, they figured out how to grab the wire and pull the feeder to them and then shake it off the wire till it hits the ground,  New solution to this problem which I wish I thought if earlier is to place an section of 1/2 inch pvc pipe over the coat hanger wire so they cant bend it to get to the feeder , also the squirrels cant climb the smooth pvc pipe , maybe this will help others. Craig Vernon.