[CT Birds] More eBird details in reports

Tim Antanaitis timant123 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 31 20:07:20 EDT 2015

I was hoping some birders could write more details on uncommon bird sightings, especially for larger parks like Hammonasset Beach State Park in Madison or Sherwood Island State Park in Westport.  More details would benefit both you and other birders.  It would help you in the future to better remember the day, especially if it is a location you visit dozens of times a year.  It would help other birders to narrow down their search when time is limited.  For example, sometimes I can only get in 30 minutes of birding at a location before sunset (after leaving work).  I have still never seen a Gadwall (I know it is a common bird elsewhere) at Hammonasset.  Without details, I don't know if the bird was a flyby, at the end of the moraine trail, or in the campground.  If an uncommon bird is found at smaller site, like Vibert Road in South Windsor, I understand there are not many options on where the bird was, as it is just one road.  Thanks.
Tim AntanaitisMiddletown