[CT Birds] CACC

Beverly Propen bpropen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 14:31:46 EDT 2015

​4/1  Milford, Connecticut Audubon Coastal Center  9:30am-1PM, sunny, high
tide, receding, 40-49F.
Our male osprey returned last Thursday, and our osprey pair are now tending
to their nest and fishing.
On the marsh:
2 Great Egrets, 2 Northern Shovelers, numerous Black ducks, Canada Geese,
Mute swans, pair of mallards, 21 Buffleheads, 4 Gadwall, 1 Redhead, 6 Red
Breasted Mergansers, 2 Northern Pintails (pair),  1 Green winged teal
(possibly two), 2 American Wigeons, 1 Northern Harrier.
On the grounds, 3 American Tree sparrows, Song sparrows, Common Grackles, 4
Cardinals ( 2 M, 2 F), 4 Mourning Doves, Mockingbird.
Lots of visitors today who were very interested in discussing our birds &
ducks, the marsh habitat in general and the environment.
Bev Propen, Orange