[CT Birds] Canaan Rough-legged Hawk plus

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 3 20:08:09 EDT 2015

4/3/15- Canaan-large field behind 68  Allyndale Rd- light adult female Rough-legged Hawk,pair of American Kestrels continuously calling and perhaps performing courtship behavior.We saw no Sandhill Cranes in the area.

Sara Zagorski and I visited various locations in towns in Litchfield county including Norfolk,Colebrook, Goshen,and Litchfield. We saw or heard about ten Eastern Phoebes, Pine Siskins  and singing Purple Finches and Dark-eyed Juncos,and huge numbers of Robins in most open fields.

Easton- Aspetuck Reservoir - 2 Northern Rough-winged Swallow,5 Tree Swallows,Pine Warbler

Tina Green
In part with Sara Zagorski
Westport
Sent from my iPhone