[CT Birds] Early Morning Walk at CT Audubon Coastal Center

Frank Gallo fgallo at ctaudubon.org
Sat Apr 4 09:52:05 EDT 2015

Hi all,

We kicked off our Spring "Hidden Gems" early morning bird walk at the Coastal Center this morning. It was quite windy and cold on the beach, so we spent most of our viewing the marsh. There are still quite a few ducks and geese around. Highlights included: 1 imm. Bald Eagle, 1 Peregrine Falcon, 1 female N. Harrier, a pair of Shovelers out by Smith's Point, 2 American Oystercatchers, 2 Great Yellowlegs (my FOY), our first Spring Palm Warbler; it was in beautiful breeding plumage.  Our next walk is at Silver Sands State Park in Milford next Saturday at 7:45 a.m. There is a full listing of walks and birding classes on our webpage: www.ctaudubon.org<http://www.ctaudubon.org>. Call Louise at 203-878-7440 x 502 to register. I look forward to seeing many of you at the Osprey Party  Friday night. Good Birding

Frank Gallo

Connecticut Audubon Society
Coastal Center at Milford Point
1 Milford Point Road, Milford 06460