[CT Birds] Off Topic-frogs

Beverly Propen bpropen at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 15:36:26 EDT 2015

​4/5  Orange, Racebrook Tract
Quite a chorus as we went for a brief afternoon walk at Racebrook Tract.
As we walked in,
I thought I heard Brant (which obviously it was not) cuckling.  When I
checked the pond with my binoculars, I could see & hear several dozen frogs
(which I recorded and looked up), which turned out to be Wood frogs. They
were on the water's surface, back legs extended and part of their bodies
above the water surface.
Heard blue jays, cardinals, chickadees, unknown woodpecker heard hammering,
and 4
mallards down the trail at the larger pond. Did not see any activity at the
bluebird boxes.
Bev Propen, Orange