[CT Birds] Conte Makes the top Refuge List

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Thu Apr 2 06:30:12 EDT 2015

The Conte ended up in 6th place! Maybe if we had Whooping Cranes we could have beaten out Aransas to make it into the top 5. Pretty impressive finish I'd say, especially since I had to use one of my wild cards to get us in the top 20 choices. Thank you all for your efforts!.

One of my other wild cards got to 7th place Seney NWR in Michigan. That one was actually suggested to me by Jim Kurth<https://www.facebook.com/jwkurth> who was former chief of refuges for USFWS and now deputy director of the Service. . My other two picks didn't fare so well. Hakalau Forest and Sherburne NWRs finished near the bottom of the pack. Both are quite amazing places and I'm shocked we beat them, but then again the Conte is also amazing!

For the full list:

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation

Audubon Connecticut