[CT Birds] Saturday's NHBC Beginner's Bird Walk at Little Pond is ON!

Folsom-O'Keefe, Corrie cfolsom-okeefe at audubon.org
Fri Apr 3 13:09:11 EDT 2015

Dear CT birding community,

  I just wanted to let you know that tomorrow's NHBC Beginner's Bird Walk at Little Pond is still on.  We will be getting some rain overnight but the latest forecasts show it stopping by 7am.  The walk will start at 8:30am at the Little Pond Trail head on White Woods Rd in Litchfield, just north of the intersection with Bassett Rd (PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A CHANGE FROM THE NHBC YEARBOOK).

On the walk, we will keep a look out for Rusty Blackbirds, a species recognized as globally vulnerable by the International Union for the Conservation of Nature, and enter any sightings into ebird.org to increase awareness about habitats used by this species during migration.  This walk is geared to beginners but birders of all levels and families are welcome. More advanced birders not only can enjoy a day out but also provide support and inspiration to the newcomers.  As of 3/27/15, the board walk around little pond was clear of snow, but sections of trail were a bit icy.  Hiking boots are suggested.  The trail around the pond is about 1.5 miles.

Thank you.

Corrie Folsom-O'Keefe
Trip leader
Cfolsom-okeefe at audubon.org<mailto:Cfolsom-okeefe at audubon.org>