[CT Birds] Pine Warbler

Jan Hollerbach smilifase at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 22:35:35 EDT 2015

FOY X 2.  First of Year and First in Yard.

Also snuck up on my backyard/feeder birds yesterday afternoon in the car. Thought I was so stealth, when suddenly they just scattered. I thought they responding to me when suddenly I looked up to see a ***Cooper's Hawk strafe the ground where the birds were just feeding and then head straight toward me in the car. Veered away at last second.  The entire encounter may have lasted for a second. Man, that is one fast bird!!!

*** Assuming Cooper's as it seemed too big for Sharpie, but there was no way in that bat of an eye I could make a clear distinction.

Fox Sparrow still kicking up the leaves and going after my ground seed.

Jan Hollerbach
Fairfield, CT

Sent from my iPhone