[CT Birds] Pileated Woodpecker!

Jerilyn Duefrene kaymad143 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 16:20:38 EDT 2015

Good afternoon,

Took a short ride today after being all over the place yesterday, I went to
the Four Mile River Boat Ramp and saw an Osprey Couple and then when I was
leaving I heard another sound, I stopped driving and looked around and much
to my surprise it was a Pileated Woodpecker! My first time seeing 1 in

As for the feeders today, the regulars are here:

Tufted Titmice
Carolina Wrens
Downy Woodpecker
Junco (still here)
House Finches

These days I have a Mockingbird and 3 White Throated Sparrows. :-)

Yesterday while at Milford Coastal Audubon Ctr I saw:
Greater Scaups (I think they were Greater Scaups but could have been Lesser
2 Oystercatchers
1 American Wigeon (a Lifer for me)

Extremely windy as I am sure everyone felt that yesterday (Saturday, 4/4)