[CT Birds] East Lyme FOY Lesser Yellowlegs

sean at seanmurthaart.com sean at seanmurthaart.com
Mon Apr 6 09:03:51 EDT 2015

While out east for the holiday, Brendan and I spent some time at Rocky Neck State Park in East Lyme.  Among numerous Greater Yellowlegs, we found one Lesser Yellowlegs, our first for the year.  Both Great and Snowy Egrets were abundant, along with several Great Blue Herons, Osprey, and Green-winged teal.  A Merlin also zipped over the marsh.  On the LI Sound side, there were plenty of DC Cormorants and some loose flocks of Surf Scoters.  Several Common Loons were around, some of them already in striking breeding plumage.

-Sean Murtha

www.seanmurthaart.com