[CT Birds] Fwd: Mew Gull, Southport Beach, 4/10/15

Stefan Martin nafets519 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 01:27:54 EDT 2015

Sending this in for Mayn. The email given for reporting did not work for him. After reviewing photos with feedback from other birders, accompanied by in field notes, this adult bird does not appear to be your typical Common or American (short-billed) subspecies. As Mayn states, any and all feedback is welcomed and encouraged on this bird. As Julian pointed out earlier, it is rather important to Identify a subspecies with potential for splitting these birds in the future (and certain subspecies have yet to be confirmed in CT). In any case, this is an awesome find for the state! Good luck to those planning on picking through the Gull flocks tomorrow. It seems that low tide is the best time to get a concentration of birds fairly close in. Little Gulls are pretty spectacular but now there's a Mew in the mix!

Good luck!
Stefan Martin
Stamford

Sent from my iPhone