[CT Birds] 8 species of duck here in Litchfield county today

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 12 20:02:46 EDT 2015

After seeing that Goshawk today, I decided to do some water bird searching. Most lakes and ponds up here are still iced in with some having a little open water at the edges. But not all. At Bull pond in Harwinton being open I saw:
2 Ring necked Duck3 Common Merganser4 Hooded Merganser
at Wilson Pond added:2 Wooduck4 Mallard2 Black Duckand 1 Osprey
at Bristol Res #7added:1 Common Loon2 Greater Scaup2 Bufflehead
9 species of duck here in Litchfield county ain't bad since our waters have just thawed.
Paul Carrier - Harwinton