[CT Birds] 4/8 SW CT highlights
mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 9 08:25:03 EDT 2015
I forgot one noteworthy sighting from 4/8.
Stratford, CT-113 at entrance to Sikorsky Airport - flock of 22 BOAT-TAILED GRACKLES foraging opposite entrance along edge of salt marsh next to road.
On Wednesday, April 8, 2015 9:27 PM, Frank Mantlik via CTBirds <ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org> wrote:
- McKinney Refuge: 4 male NORTHERN SHOVELERS on Long Beach Blvd Pond
-pool at stoplight on CT-113 and west end Access Rd: pair N. SHOVELERS, 2 GLOSSY IBIS, 5 SNOWY EGRETS, 2 GREAT EGRETS.
- Access Rd pool: 11 Black-crowned Night Herons, 8 Yellow-crowned Night Herons, 6 Snowy Egrets, 2 Great Egrets.
- Russian Beach: ICELAND GULL (2nd or 3rd cycle), found by Patrick Comins.
- Raven Pond: 14 GREAT EGRETS roosting tonight.
- Stratford yard: 3 PINE SISKINS, 47 Am. Goldfinches.
Westport/Fairfield, Southport Beach: 600 BONAPARTE's GULLS, 2 NORTHERN GANNETS, male EURASIAN WIGEON, 3 NORTHERN SHOVELERS.
Sent from my iPhone
This list is provided by the Connecticut Ornithological Association (COA) for the discussion of birds and birding in Connecticut.
For subscription information visit http://lists.ctbirding.org/mailman/listinfo/ctbirds_lists.ctbirding.org
More information about the CTBirds