[CT Birds] Boston hollow, Yale Forest, Ashford, Ct, 40-11-15 L. WATERTHRUSH

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Sat Apr 11 20:16:17 EDT 2015

New arrivals in BH/Yale and several FOY birds for both area and  me.
Notable, FOY Louisiana Waterthrush, a week or more earlier than I've had one
there  or anywhere else in the northeast corner before. Also,  Yellow-bellied
Sapsucker, Brown Creepers (2), Palm Warbler, Pine Warblers (3),  Golden
Crowned Kinglets (5). A Red-shouldered Hawk was also FOY for Boston  Hollow, but
not for me.
I had 10 Common ravens, 1 of the residents of Boston Hollow  circling it's
territory and a "congress" of 9 transient Ravens cavorting in the  strong
wind as they moved north. The YB Sapsucker was the earliest I've ever  seen 1
there too.
Still no sign of a Winter Wren. I'm worried about them.   Wind was nasty,
but in the woods the birds didn't seem to  mind.
There is still quite a bit of snow in the woods in some parts  of the Yale
Forest area, and in those places birds were noticeably absent for  the most
Don Morgan, Coventry,  Ct
mntncougar at aol.com