[CT Birds] Stratford Highlights

Preston Lust prestonlust at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 16 19:02:02 EDT 2015

6/16/15 -- Long Beach Boulevard Pond

The pond revealed no boat-tailed grackles, but around 10 GREEN-WINGED TEAL and 2 BLUE-WINGED TEAL.

6/16/15 -- Long Beach

700 GREATER SCAUP and 50 confirmed LESSER SCAUP. The rest I'd mark as 100 GREATER/LESSER SCAUP. There was clearly a significant number of scaup migrating through. Also, there was a grackle seen through binoculars over Lordship Marsh, but it was too far away for me to determine the species.

6/16/15 -- Russian Beach

As previously reported, 1 GLAUCOUS GULL was seen with Patrick Comins.

6/16/15 -- Stratford Point

1 AMERICAN KESTREL, 1 EASTERN TOWHEE, and several foxes.

Preston Lust, Westport