[CT Birds] Old Lyme Tricolored Heron--No

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Thu Apr 16 21:45:27 EDT 2015

Passing this along.

>From Dylan Pedro, Burrillville RI
Figured I would pass on this negative report:
Tried for the Tricolored Heron in Old Lyme this evening (4/16) from 5:20 to 6:00 PM without any success. I started off at the end of Noyes Rd. and saw a few Snowy Egrets to the north. I tried to get a better view of this group from the Watch Rock preserve proper and did, but the Tricolored wasn't in with them. Other than that there were 12 yellowlegs (looked to be mostly, if not all, Greater), 5 Glossy Ibis, and a few dozen Green-winged Teal on a gorgeous April day in a beautiful area.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT