[CT Birds] Assorted Reports, Greenwich & Hammo

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Thu Apr 16 17:05:35 EDT 2015

Passing these along.

>From Katherine Perkins, Agawam, MA
This morning at Hammonasset, at approximately 11:00, I saw a juvenile Iceland Gull from the path overlooking the rocky shore at Meig's Point. Except for when a school group put it in the air and then the water, it was on a rock the entire time I watched it (more than a half hour). It appeared to be cleaning its bill during my entire viewing time as though it were trying to dislodge an object.

>From Kevin McGrath, White plains, NY
Eared grebes Greenwich Harbor
4 eared grebes. Two males in breeding plumage. Near entrance to harbor. Nearly across from first parking lot. Dog lot. Close views

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT